Ukrainian national grid joins forces with European Grid Infrastructure.(new)
The Ukrainian National Grid has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the European Grid Infrastructure on 22 December. The agreement was signed by EGI.eu’s director Steven Newhouse on behalf of the EGI community, and Genady Zinovjev, Chief of the BCC UNG on behalf of the UNG community.
The purpose of this Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) is to define a framework of collaboration between EGI.eu and BCC (hereafter also referred to as “the Party” or the “Parties”). The Parties recognise, by this MoU, the opening of a wider and longer-term cooperation in activities that will bring visible benefits.
The specific goals of the collaboration are:
1. To enhance the capacities of both infrastructures;
2. To provide Local and Global operational services as needed to support the international user
community and the EGI operational needs;
3. To subscribe to a mandatory set of policies, procedures and OLAs;
4. To comply with the operations interfaces required by the EGI Operations Architecture, which are needed to ensure seamless and interoperable access to resources;
5. To participate in the Operations Management Board in order to contribute to the EGI operations agenda;
6. To participate in the Security Policy Team in order to contribute to the development of the
security policies fabric of the infrastructure.
For the purposes of the implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding
between EGI.eu and BCC (Resource Infrastructure Provider MoU), amongst the Resource Centres linked to BCC UNG, the following ones have adhered to this MoU:
● BITP - Bogolyubov Institute for Theoretical Physics of the NAS of Ukraine
● ICMP - Institute for Condensed Matter Physics of the NAS of Ukraine
● ICYB- V.M.Glushkov Institute of Cybernetics of the NAS of Ukraine
● ILTPE - B.Verkin Institute for Low Temperature Physics and Engineering of the NAS of
● IMBG - Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics of the NAS of Ukraine
● IRE - Usikov Institute of Radiophysics and Electronics of the NAS of Ukraine
● ISMA - Institute for scintillation materials of the NAS of Ukraine
● KMA- National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy
● KNU - Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
● KPI - National Technical University of Ukraine “Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”
● MAO- Main Astronomical Observatory of the NAS of Ukraine
Realization of the given agreement will allow to execute the primary objective of the State scientific and technological project (program) on the development and implementation of grid-technologies for 2009-2013 as:
· creation and system integration of elements of national grid infrastructure to the European and world grid infrastructure with the observance of requirements of informative security;
· bringing in of the Ukrainian research workers to participating in realization of modern unique European and world experiments and computer treatment of their results in virtual scientific communities.
2. Development and introduction of grid technologies for the systems of support of making decision the operative reaction on the emergencies of natural and technogenic character and planning of long-term counter-measures.